Plants from local lake with snails

Reaction score
Country
Azerbaijan
Hey guys,

I collected some wild plants from the local lake. But there are regular and cone shaped snails on them. Impossible to clean all those snails from the plants. Do you think it is wise to put these in?

I have no fish in the pond who can eat them. I keep carp and some kind of local perch in there.

Thanks.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Probably OK, since they're from your local area -- most likely not invasive. Some snails will eat your plants. Some snails are a stage in parasite development that could be harmful to the fish.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
And fish will eat the snails also .I bought trapdoor snails and my fish sucked them right out of there shells

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
. Some snails will eat your plants. Some snails are a stage in parasite development that could be harmful to the fish.
Since you have "carp and some kind of local perch in there", the fish are just as likely to harbor those parasites as the snails. I wouldn't worry about it.
John

Ask a Question