Plants in Miami?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I live in Miami, Fl and have searched but haven't been able to find a place that sells grown pond plants. Does anyone know of a place in my area they recommend for plants? Thanks and have a great labor day weekend.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
What do you mean by “grown pond plants”? Can you give some examples?

I did a brief Google search on “aquatic plants Miami,” and came up with several sites.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply TurtlyMommy. Sorry for not being clear, the stores I have found carry very small plants, so I'm looking for a store that sells larger well established plants kind of like nursery's do.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply TurtlyMommy. Sorry for not being clear, the stores I have found carry very small plants, so I'm looking for a store that sells larger well established plants kind of like nursery's do.
What plants are you looking for?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm sorry, I'm a newbie and although I've read up a lot on pond plants, I would love some advice. I would like to stick a plant within a container to place in my open top 55 gal drum settlement chamber along with some to float within my pond which will house an arowana and pair of oscars which are not plant friendly.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Have you tried The Neighborhood Fish Farm? They might be able to order some large plants from Florida Aquatic Nurseries for you. Just curious, how big is your pond?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks Stephen! That's an awesome idea. My pond is an 8x10 raised pond of about 1300 gallons. I'm just getting my feet wet in pond keeping so any help is much appreciated.

Ask a Question