Plants in the winter

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried bringing their plants in for the winter. It would be nice not to have to buy new plants every year.

Reaction score
Last winter we set up a fish tank we had. We put in some rocks and filled it about half way for the fish. We put in our fish, frogs and our plants. It worked out pretty good all in all. didn't lose anything.

Reaction score
Bringing them indoors into a fishtank is a good idea. It would be best to fill the fish tank with the pond water and make sure you have a good filter.

I've had some plants survive the winter quite well outside though.

Reaction score
The fish tank is a good idea. But I have way too many plants. I've seen suggestions of using large rubermaid tubs, filling them with pond water and the plants and putting them in the basement or garage.

Reaction score
I am lucky I live in Texas even when top freezes over still dont looze anything. I am going to go bigger with pond and have been thinking anout sinking pipes in the ground cut flush the ground and covered with rock. However u can remove the rocks and install a couple of bows much like the structure of a cargo trailer. Then the pond can be covered with a canvas dropcloth or tarp. That will alow me to spray yard with pestaside (on a calm day) and should also hold in mor heat on a chilly night.

Ask a Question