Plants To Surround The Area Of The Pond!

FXM

Reaction score
Any reccomendations regarding particular plants to surround and 8x11 pond? I live in Pennsylvania. The pond will receive sunlight pretty much all day! I am looking for plants that will be perennials. Any photos that anyone has would be great as well!

Thanks!

FX:alieneyesa:

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i am partial to ornamental grasses myself ...day lillies.. my landscaping around the pond isnt complete yet so ... the ornamental grases grow fast but in a shorter growing season like mine they dont get out of control

oldmarine

Married 32 years
Reaction score
I planted irish moss and wooley thyme around my pond because I didn't want to obstruct my view of the pond, and I didn't want garden mulsh because the dog would walk around the pond and kick the mulsh into the water. The irish moss an wooley thyme look much better than dirt anyway.

Happy ponding,

Reaction score
I have a mixture of moss, lilies, a few blue mounding grasses and a couple of the variegated grasses, and a japanese maple that loves the pond....

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I have a conglomeration of all kinds of stuff from orange lilies, dwarf evergreens, grasses, Hebe's, ground covers, Japanese Maple, Sedum, Thyme, just about anything that likes full sun. I like it pretty full of plants to help keep the Heron out.

NONAME24.jpg

CopyofNONAME06.jpg

NONAME40-1.jpg

FXM

Reaction score
J.W....

Wow that is a great pond. Very close to what I am going to have! The pond that is already installed is falling apart from neglect of the previous owner, I am having another one installed in the next two weeks,,,8X11 Aquascape Fall and Skimmer. I really like the idea of the minature Japanese maple...very nice touch. Thanks so much for the photos! Once I am up and running I will do the same.

F.X.:fish:

Reaction score
Last year I had some elephant ears, day lilies, and really neat egret flowers! When we remodel I'm hoping to save the bulbs and just move them and I ordered a neeko blue hydreangea that I'm going to put in a big pot next to the falls to hid the 55gal barrels...

best of luck planting! :fish:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks for all your nice comments...........I appreciate them so much. It is a lot of fun and I'm glad I discovered the pond hobby. I'm also glad for the pond forums and getting to meet fellow ponders and exchanging ideas, learning new things, viewing your pictures and the general chit chatting together. Happy ponding and it's Springtime again...............yippee ;)

Ask a Question