Please can you explain why the plastic spider mats ,what suppose to float on top of a pond keeps sinking thank you

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Are they sinking all the way to the bottom? Saw several different brands and it seems some float just below surface.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1650473150341.gif
@Richard Groves
I don't know what they are either. Even did a search and came up w/nothing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I have no clue what these are either!

Can you attach flotation to them? Perhaps styrofoam? Pool noodles? Black rubber foam pipe insulation? 1/2" pvc pipe, sealed on the ends to hold air?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Looks like a gimmick to me .

I have never placed the diving bell dog . Or the sunken chest. Or the pirate ship in anyone of my fish tanks or the pond. Hell jack hanging from the tree is pushing it but ok I got a thing for skulls. But though he's fake with the skull the rest of his body from the neck down is an unaltered tree stump

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have several ponds using these grids, mostly in UK. They are available here mostly thru EBay. Not good reviews.
I tried them once upon a time. Got rid of them pretty fast, too. They are supposed to protect the fish from predators…..but were nothing but a PITA! I never could see how they would keep predators away, but maybe someone else has used them with success. I suspect that the OP here is spammer….or bot….or something. Sorry, but too vague an intro.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
This might be what OP is talking about. Just a guess…..

View attachment 149879
I had exact same type, purchased from two suppliers not remembering which was which half of hexagonal webs sunk until they reached the top of my plants, then the floating ones floated half up and drawn down with the others? Took them out the pond and stored them in the pond cupboard.

Ask a Question