Please help finding correct pump and filter for my pond

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone
I'm a landscape gardener and would love some help with finding the right pump and filter for this pond that we are building.
The pond is 4m long, 1.5m wide and 1m deep. It is going to have a brick pillar in the middle with a stepping stone on it so you can walk over the pond to the garden.
I'm looking at lots of websites trying to work out the right pump to use and to be honest its a bit of a minefield. The capacity of the pond is 5500 litres and my client wants a 1m cascading water blade on the side.
I'm trying to find a pump that will have enough power to pump water through this blade. It would also be easier if the filter and pump were integrated although not essential. We found one that is pressurised, is that important?
Another important factor is how much space the pump will take up. Ideally we have an area behind where the water bl;ade is going to store the pump although this is 65cm high, 32cm deep and 130cm long.
Any help would be gratefully received and may save me hours of searching on Google.
Many thanks
Will

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Are you planning on and out of pond pump as most submerged ones do not draw water to them they are made to be submerged .Also look at energy cost and ease of maintaining it .Out of pond pumps need to be taken in and hoses need to be blown out .Also is it going to have fish .Not sure what they offer from your area .

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are you planning on and out of pond pump as most submerged ones do not draw water to them they are made to be submerged .Also look at energy cost and ease of maintaining it .Out of pond pumps need to be taken in and hoses need to be blown out .Also is it going to have fish .Not sure what they offer from your area .[/QUOTE
Are you planning on and out of pond pump as most submerged ones do not draw water to them they are made to be submerged .Also look at energy cost and ease of maintaining it .Out of pond pumps need to be taken in and hoses need to be blown out .Also is it going to have fish .Not sure what they offer from your area .
Thanks for your reply, yes i think it will have to be an out of pond pump and there will be fish

Ask a Question