Please help I can’t see my fish

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Your here . there are many folks here with a bog as the main filter i have never seen anyone remove one like a see bead filters or sand filters

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
addy1 a moderator here has a sticky in the pond construction and equipment forum. my blog is a bit over the top. but it is a simple process honestly . they can get more sophisticated but i think what we call a upflow pea stone bog will do the job it sound be around 30 percent of your pond surface size

Reaction score
Country
United States
addy1 a moderator here has a sticky in the pond construction and equipment forum. my blog is a bit over the top. but it is a simple process honestly . they can get more sophisticated but i think what we call a upflow pea stone bog will do the job it sound be around 30 percent of your pond surface size
Cool. Your pond looks amazing. Certainly larger than mine! Mine is about 11x13. Dug the whole thing by hand in the one of the worst heatwaves we ever had. I think it sounds like I do more work than it sounds. I really don’t mind though. It is fun and the fish are rewarding. Just love the thought of a crystal clear pond for the whole season. As the plants grow in I am hoping that will help. The frogs have moved on for a while but left me tons of tadpoles that seem to have either grown or, more likely, fed the fish so they will grow! Fun while they lasted!

I think one of my favorite aspects of the pond is the sound of the waterfall and watching the birds bath at the top. Robins especially.
Will investigate bogs some of course and since nobody seemed to think I was doing any specifically wrong, will just keep at it.
many other thoughts and recommendations are
Always welcomed and accepted :)

btw - I hope Vikki comes back with an update and the water has cleared up!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I can place a coin at the bottom of the pond and you can see if it heads or tails . Once upon a time my eye sight might have been good enough to read the date it is that clear . the last post i did the fish were spawning it was a little murkey

Reaction score
Country
United States
I can place a coin at the bottom of the pond and you can see if it heads or tails . Once upon a time my eye sight might have been good enough to read the date it is that clear . the last post i did the fish were spawning it was a little murkey
That was my pond a few weeks ago. I can see my fish though. Not as bad as the original poster :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
you r much better off then they are hands down
5 AM COMES EARLY GOOD NIGHT

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
AND THERE IS NO CLEANING the bog should last 5 years before you have to back wash it persay if you need to even do that
Mine is still going with no cleaning 10 years later.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@Mmathis DIDN'T YOU JUST REBUILD YOUR POND?
Not yet. As of this time last year, the pond was still up and running....at the old house. It was about this time that we moved all the fish, plants and snails to the new house (intex pool and stock tank), but haven’t had the new pond dug yet. The original plan was to have it done this spring, but with the COVID-19 situation, we are sitting on that money until the economy picks up — didn’t want to be in the middle of a build and suddenly find that we would need to reallocate those funds.

And why are you yelling at me! :facepalm:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I NEVER yell i just suck at typing even when i talk in the real world people think that i just have a large deep voice

Ask a Question