Please Help! I need to move my fish!

Reaction score
I live in N.J. and have a 6" shubunkin and a 6" standard koi. They are in about a 3,500 gallon pond with a 9,000 gallon per hour pump with two waterfalls, pond palace with aeration and U.V. I have two beautiful ponds. I just got my fish in May of this year. Now I need to move to Florida :lol: . I need to move them...saw some posts about putting them in a large cooler with an airstone?? Also most importantly, I will be renting for two years before I can build another pond. What housing is best for them? Especially with the heat there. Should I get an indoor:dunno: tank? I have two small kids so I can't get an Intex pool, plus it is for awhile. I am also trying to get them adopted. I hate giving them up but I want what is best for them. If I can't find a home for them in 4 weeks I need a solution. PLEASE HELP! Thank you.

Reaction score
babykoi said:
I live in N.J. and have a 6" shubunkin and a 6" standard koi. They are in about a 3,500 gallon pond with a 9,000 gallon per hour pump with two waterfalls, pond palace with aeration and U.V. I have two beautiful ponds. I just got my fish in May of this year. Now I need to move to Florida :( . I need to move them...saw some posts about putting them in a large cooler with an airstone?? Also most importantly, I will be renting for two years before I can build another pond. What housing is best for them? Especially with the heat there. Should I get an indoor:dunno: tank? I have two small kids so I can't get an Intex pool, plus it is for awhile. I am also trying to get them adopted. I hate giving them up but I want what is best for them. If I can't find a home for them in 4 weeks I need a solution. PLEASE HELP! Thank you.

Thank you! Good idea! :lol:

Reaction score
GREAT NEWS! I found a home for my babies Harley and Buttercup! The water garden place is taking them for me. This way I know they will be safe and over winter. Now just have to find a home for my plants on craigslist. Thank you all! Can't wait till I am able to build my ponds again!! Gonna miss my fish! :lol:

Reaction score
where are you located and what types of plants do you have, as I am in long island, and just finished my 13,000 gallon pond, i might be interested in some of your plants

Reaction score
Hi! I am in South Jersey near Tom's River. I have to go out and look...the plants have been in there for awhile except for two. They are large potted. I have water celery, two or three iris gold and blue, a papyrus and a cattail which needs to be brought in until next spring. I have some more...have to check how many. They are in the pond with no fish. They were all bought from a water garden supply store. I have one or two water lilies which were from home depot. Let me know. Good luck with your ponds. I am going to miss mine. It is so relaxing to sit and listen to the waterfalls and watch the fish. Have a great night!

Ask a Question