Please help me how to do my new pond :)

Reaction score
HI everyone,
Im starting to build my first fish pond.
it will be a 170 meters lenth on 1.20 meters width and 60 cm depth,now ive tried to clculate the volume of the pond and it was between 1250-1350 liters,is this right?
and please tell what recomended gear should i buy,what filter and pump etc...
and all other gear for my pond and what materials should i use.
what fish to put in what plants and what designs do you think will be beautiful.
please replay fast cause ive allready started digging the whole.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Oh, my. I would recommend you slow down a bit and figure some stuff out before you keep digging. You've got waaaaay too many questions to be digging a hole. Some pre-planning will save you from a lot of mistakes and regrets down the road. But maybe that's just me!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Welcome and do you have a liner and what kind of fish do you want and are you going to build a filter or buy one

Reaction score
I have the shape already dig in the ground, I want some koi's and gold fish.
I just need to know what gear should I buy I know all the steps that need to be done and I have people who built some to help me.
I will use a PVC 0.8 millimeter and under that ill use a underlay who will protect the PVC.
I just need help with the gear please,and how much liters I have in the pond. :)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
If you want lots of koi eventually then you will need to go way bigger. How many do you want to end up with?
Could be anywhere from 5000 to 10,000 or more gallons depending on how many. I hope you are young and strong and good w/ a shovel

Ask a Question