Please help my baby lotuses

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've just started my lotuses from seeds about a month ago . Everything went well until I transplanted the seedlings into the soil ( from my garden) ; immediately the leaves turn yellow , brown and I am afraid they will die . I've got ph reading of 8.9 , I've changed water and added some vinegar to the pot , the ph is now 6.7 . I've had some aquatic pond tabs in there when I first transplanted . I have the pot in a sunny location . Why the water isn't clear after 5 days ? Please tell me what to do . Thank you for the advice .0
IMG_4711.jpeg

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that they are burned from the fertilizer. Lotus should only be fertilized once you get several leaves above the water. Vinegar is used as an herbicide so putting in a plant isn't good. I would drain off as much of the water and replace with fresh and just leave the plant alone until you get aerial leaves.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am sure you have a spectacular pond even though I can't see the pics . Thank you , I like gold fish too . I used to have a koi pond but the raccoons killed them all . Now I've moved to a new place , no pond so I start with a wine barrel to grow lotuses and later a couple of gold fishes in there ; will need all the helps that I can get :) . Thanks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 10
Country
Australia
I need AERIAL LEAVES!
please help me if anyone has any tips on lotus
thank you:)

Ask a Question