Please School Me on Hose

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
The hose in the plumbing in my pond, and the hose available at Lowes and Home Disco is that spiral stuff described as corrugated PVC hose. Because of the corrugation, it is difficult to clamp securely onto fittings. It gets brittle after a couple of years and cracks easily. I just lost about 500 gallons of water out of my thousand gallon pond because a rock I laid on it to cover it up caused it to spring a large leak. Luckily I caught it in time before it killed any fish.

This hose is described as corrugated PVC.

Do I have other more reliable options other than rigid glued plumbing PVC or ABS? It's inch and a half hose BTW.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I thought what I had was flex PVC. This corrugated stuff is all that appears to be available at the big box stores, Amazon, etc..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I don’t know the technical name for the corrugated pond hose, but as you already know, it sucks. It is not flex PVC.

Flex pvc is a specific class of pvc. It is technically a hose, It’s readily available at all big box stores around me in sizes up to 1.5” as it’s used all over for spas and pools.

You should be able to order it online from any of the big box stores in sizes up to 3”. Apollo is a popular manufacturer who sells through Lowes and HD.

Ask a Question