Plumbing pump to filter then return through waterfall blade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Looking for appinions on wheather to use pipe or hose. Currently I use hose but find it a ugly to look at?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Can you post a picture?
We can make a better assessment if we can see what you currently have.

If it's on the ground you can bury it, cover it with rocks, hide it with plants, etc....

All my plumbing is within the pond and bog. If there's a leak, no water can escape the system.
I use black flex PVC. It runs along the bottom of the pond and you can barely see it, especially with the biofilm growing on it.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome!

By pipe vs hose, I assume you mean PVC pipe vs a flexible tubing? Agree with @poconojoe. In my experience, well sealed PVC is preferable to flexible tubing. I plan to use flex PVC on all future builds.

Pictures might help.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
After discovering flex PVC, I will never use any other type of hose.

I kept buying that corregated "pond hose" which didn't last very long. I'm so glad I switched to flex PVC. This stuff is tough and is compatible with ridgid PVC fittings, primer and glue.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
20220421_151717.jpg
all going to change over the next few weeks

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I kept buying that corregated "pond hose" which didn't last very long. I'm so glad I switched to flex PVC. This stuff is tough and is compatible with ridgid PVC fittings, primer and glue.
I bought the coregated/ kink free crap on my first purchase. wasn't sold on it when I had my hands on it . Bought flex pvc the second time and hands down will never consider kink free again. They can give it to me and I'll just but the flex pvc myself

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
If you're still looking for ideas to hide the hose and pipe, maybe you can build a wooden box around them to match that pump house.

That's some interesting siding on that little house. What is that stuff. It's nice.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I agree with @poconojoe but ill take it a step further and say build a flower box around the pipes. bring the siding down to the waters edge . but build the flower box at the top to hide the pipes with soil around the pipes and do a creeping jenny that will soften the area in a big way

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would 25mm restrict the flow of should I go bigger I'm looking at approx 3meters max of piping or hose.

Ask a Question