Pond addict in the making

Reaction score
Hi All. This is a great forum, learned quite a bit already and hope to ask questions soon. My Dad got me interested in ponds when he built a two level in Michigan a while back – pic below (my Mom did the mural on the garage). I love it! He special ordered two fiberglass containers and built the surrounding area. I know I can’t afford that type so am looking into building a liner based pond. I’m not afraid to get my hands dirty and am looking forward to this project.

Since I work in a library I’ve been reading a lot of books about planning and constructing water features, and bought a DVD from Amazon as well. It’s incredible how everyone has their own way of putting up a pond!

I have quite a bit of experience with fresh water fish tanks and it’s nice that some of that knowledge carries over to maintaining a pond.

I am still in the planning stage, trying to determine placement, size and so forth. I will post my ideas and questions in the other forum areas to get suggestions and help in the near future.

Thanks in advance for any advice given!
Karen

Attachments

• dads pond.jpg
    dads pond.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 211

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Welcome to the Forum !!
If your folks wore off on ya ...you will be ok

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Beautiful, and beautiful mural your mom painted, my mom was a painter also.

welcome670.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome krazyrabbit and hope you enjoy our little group and excuse some of us crazy ones pond water goes to the brain FAST or is that just me ,well welcome anyway.Nice place will not show my fish that they may run away from home lol

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
nope not just me noticed koiguy's comment :bouncycig::lol::lol:

Ask a Question