Pond Airation

Reaction score
We are going away from October 7 till November 8. We have no dependable person to look after the pond while we are gone. I want to shut down the pond pump because something may malfunction while we are gone. The pond is about 1500 gallons with 7 nice kio and some gold fish. We are in zone 6 near Hagerstown, Maryland. Question, should we place an airator in the pond?

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I would add the airstone and a circulation pump at the very least. Add some floating plants if you have them to help with the waste.
Even with all that, I think keeping your filter going is safer.

Reaction score
If you have a submerseble pump you can also raise it to mid lvl so if anything happens it dosen't pump most of the water out.

Reaction score
Good suggestions. I will buy an airstone and a small sump pump. With those operating I will be less apprehensive about the fish and the pond. Also I will put a net over the pond to keep the leaves out and deter any critters from getting the fish. I will love to be away.

Ask a Question