Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
The fish I found in the bog are actually goldfish :wideyed: which only adds to the mystery o_O but they are safely in a quarantine tank awaiting their reunion with the pond fellas soon. My two larger goldfish named Fold & Gish are pretty friendly and calm around little guys so I will probably put them into that smaller pond which does not have any turtles in it and at approx. 725 Gallons is roomy enough to add them in I think. :D

images

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A, we are also very windy
Country
United States
I had a next door neighbor when I lived in the city, who liked my pond (about 2,000 gallons) so much she got a 75 gallon preformed pond. When her goldfish got uncomfortably large for the preformed, she would toss them over the fence into my pond, then tell me after the fact. I would have gotten worried about the quarantine breach but my frogs used to travel back and forth between the two ponds any way. There was a wild Mallard hen who brought her brood of ducklings (usually running from 15 -19 ducklings too) up from the county drain to my pond for 5 years in a row so anything like biosecurity was out the window!

Ask a Question