Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Well I went out to pull the last of the cement anchors out of the runoff bog and guess what I found ? 7 goldfish ! o_O yep. 7 little goldfish that I sure as heck didn't put in there and seeing as how that area is only connected to the ponds in series and even then only turtle ponds I still have no clue how they got there. My guess is that they somehow managed to swim in there during my flood a while back but that also means they would have had to swim against a rapid current and the flood only made a water connection for about 1.5 hours before subsiding so... I'm gonna say they they are aliens. I will get some pictures when I go back out there later.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
my little tropical fish loves to swim up stream to my bog. They would have to JUMP up the waterfall (only a few inches tall at most when the water level's down) and swim 30 feet up stream to my bog. But they did it and love doing it anyway :)
One of my goldfish (who's big and now's missing) did the same. The stream's not even deep enough to cover her head but she would swim side way sometimes just to go upstream o_O

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
During the first year of my pond, I had fish mysteriously disappear. I actually started a thread questioning "was it alien abduction....."

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Fish eggs many times will adhere to the feet of wading birds and transferred to other ponds.
Could be but seems odd that they would have grown that fast as they only have a max of 65 - 75 days to get up to their current size of approx. 4 inches from what I could tell.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Update: My neighbor to the North told me that her daughter released a bunch of pet goldfish into the reservoir about 4 years ago so maybe these are the offspring of those guys and actually came in from upstream which would be much easier than having to go the other direction against the current. The reservoir is actually connected to my system for about 11 months out the year so that opens up a lot of chances to get into my pond system. I am happy either way as I consider these guys a gift from natures kindness to fill the void from the koi I lost in the flood which even now I have not quite gotten over the loss yet :unsure:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Goldfish are sneaky things. They popped up in my bog too. My bet is that the eggs were in the plants I transferred.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Update: My neighbor to the North told me that her daughter released a bunch of pet goldfish into the reservoir about 4 years ago so maybe these are the offspring of those guys and actually came in from upstream which would be much easier than having to go the other direction against the current. The reservoir is actually connected to my system for about 11 months out the year so that opens up a lot of chances to get into my pond system. I am happy either way as I consider these guys a gift from natures kindness to fill the void from the koi I lost in the flood which even now I have not quite gotten over the loss yet :unsure:

It's time Marshall.... it's time you got some Koi... don't resist... Resistance is futile.. you will be assimilated... the kois are your friend!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Thats right Marshal they are your friends :greyalien: you cannot resist as resistence is futile my friend koi are your only friends, assimulation is your only option :blackalien:

Dave

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
It's time Marshall.... it's time you got some Koi... don't resist... Resistance is futile.. you will be assimilated... the kois are your friend!
I actually still have approx 12 Koi (not sure how many are goldfish and not real "koi") :meh:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
I actually still have approx 12 Koi (not sure how many are goldfish and not real "koi") :meh:

35600364.jpg

Ask a Question