Pond and stream this morning

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
a couple of shots from the ip cameras this morning. I really liked the sun rays on the stream. Just about all the plants are dead now. Getting ready for winter. The fish are doing great. I cut back a few of the plants already, still more to go. Still have a couple lilly pads.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
I love the stream. I have one on my land but it is too far away from the house and main property to feed the ponds. I only truly manage about 10 acres that surround the main area around the house. The rest is mature forest with the exception of the 2.5 acres of new growth I planted myself in place of what used to be a corn field before I owned the land. I have nothing against corn but I also don't need 2.5 acres worth and don't have time to manage or harvest it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Beautiful pictures. We too are having mild weather, although my net totally blocks my view of the fish :(

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I love the stream. I have one on my land but it is too far away from the house and main property to feed the ponds. I only truly manage about 10 acres that surround the main area around the house. The rest is mature forest with the exception of the 2.5 acres of new growth I planted myself in place of what used to be a corn field before I owned the land. I have nothing against corn but I also don't need 2.5 acres worth and don't have time to manage or harvest it.
You sound like you have a great piece of land there. I would love a natural stream on my property like that.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
You sound like you have a great piece of land there. I would love a natural stream on my property like that.
I love the isolation the most it reminds me of where I grew up in NC. The only downside to so much land is not really the maintenance as much as keeping people off of it from hunting, dumping trash and the like. The stream is one of my favorite parts but as I mentioned it is too far into the pines to really access and use without clear cutting about 300 trees which I have no inclination of doing.

Ask a Question