Pond Area Lights

B

Burd

When I moved in the PO in Malibu lights around the pond. It’s rite off the patio, it was nice, then one by one they started shorting out, come to find out the timer was laying in the dirt, it’s was under rated, i just treated myself to all new lights, a bigger timer, and a upgrade on the outlet. They had a Xmas light tap plugged into the outlet which is tapped ito the outside outlet which is tapped ito the garage wall circuit. So I’m tearing it all out and putting all new in. My electrician is helping me put soffit lights in the front of the house, so we will tackle this job then.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
some pond lights are not sealed very well and lek from the lenses in the water and have to be sealed better

B

Burd

Is there a light I can drop in the pond? That I can wire in some how, it’s a small
one so I don’t need anything big. I wouldn’t want to leave it on all the time. There a water fall they made, I think I’m going to take that out too. It leaks. I loose a lot of water when I use it just for a few hours.
ill do a before and after. I noticed a lot of my ground cover died off too. The point looks bad.
I took a 12v power supply out last nigh and tested the system. Nothing works. The new lights are led too, the transformer didn’t come yet. I’ll post the new stuff up. I need to get some new electrical, haven’t been going out much, but it’s time to get back to normal.

B

Burd

Heres all I have so far, the lights. Came as a 8 pack. $119
18B370F5-5B27-462A-9111-7D10A03C1215.jpeg

B

Burd

The timer/power pack still hasn’t shown up. Man I hate ordering on line. Maybe I can get my electrician over this week I don’t know. We have soffit light to install in the front.

B

Burd

Here’s the Elec box stuff ready to go, it taps in a Gf so no need for them at this box
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Burd

Everything is in, I did the 4 way box out by the pond, but I need my electrician to pull a new circuit for the low voltage lighting. Can’t wait.

604CBE0D-3FBA-43F9-A9EC-CBEBFE53763F.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yes to underwater light. Malibu and other manufacturers make one.

B

Burd

I found a small battery light, comes in a 2 pack. Came with a remote. $16. I’ll post a pic when I get all this done.

Ask a Question