sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I guess I go against the normal .I built my pond the same way my dad and I built our pond when I was 9 .I still use lava rock in my filter and even see that some of the pond builders are going back to it here .

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I guess I go against the normal .I built my pond the same way my dad and I built our pond when I was 9 .I still use lava rock in my filter and even see that some of the pond builders are going back to it here .
I lot of pond contractors never stopped using Lava rock. Its use depends on the type of biofilter being used.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
I'm getting too old. I remember paying $50.00 for that book when it first came out and now it is FREE. It is a pretty comprehensive book however. Every pond contractor should have access to it.
Ițs ok may b bcz of ur money they had profit that they made it free today or can b only printing expenses 50$ , yes very comprehensive with pics.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Does it work as mechanical filter too ,for minute particles? I use filter fabric and gravel , sponges foam , iguess lava rocks get cloged up quickly , they work well in wide open bog and are difficult to clean compared to sponges fabric ubcan takeit out easily

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
OMG! This book is written so beautifully. Can't stop reading it, I think it explains so many interesting thing that I should have known before building my pond.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have never had a problem with mine but I keep plants in both my filters also .You can use quilt batting in a crate .I have crates on top of both my filters with re usable furnace filters in them .Easy to rinse with hose and toss back in

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I looked for it on Amazon -- I still like "real" books best. The revised copy -- used -- is over $100!

Guess I'd better resign myself to reading online!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
I looked for it on Amazon -- I still like "real" books best. The revised copy -- used -- is over $100!

Lol

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I looked and I got this free when I visited the aquascape store in NC .I thought it looked like it and found the copy plus others they gave me in my files for the pond ..Livingwaterscapes in NC

Ask a Question