Pond edging

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I used DAP waterproof concrete & Masonary to fill in gaps in my pond edging so water will not leak from my pond. Is this saf

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Welcome!

More information is needed. Not sure what you're trying to do....... Do you have a picture to show what you're talking about? Do you have a lined pond?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I used DAP waterproof concrete & Masonary to fill in gaps in my pond edging so water will not leak from my pond. Is this saf
I have built an edging with a 4" wall and I want to fill my pond up against the wall. I had gaps in the wall and I used expandable waterproof masonary DAP 3.0 that had to be applied using a caulking gun. I tested the pH this morning and the reading showed: no chlorine, 80 alkaline and 7.6 pH. The water in the pond will cover the areas that I applied the DAP. I wanted to know based on the pH if this is toxic to the fish

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Was that the pH before or after? It's probably not toxic (most things aren't once they've cured), but a safe bet would be to check the DAP web site or send them am email.

I would be more concerned about whether this would prevent leaks.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
image.jpg

@Stella1955 Is this what you are using?

@Big Lou If it's this one, they recommend priming concrete, but also that it's not for continuous undeerwater use.....

Reaction score
I doubt that the small amount used would have any effect on the pond. As suggested you can contact the manufacture but it's doubtful that they ever tested the product on fish.

Ask a Question