Pond Evaporation

Reaction score
Hi, I have recently purchased a new UV clarifier for my pond which is approx 48 sq feet. How much evaporaton should i expect, water only increased in temperature about 2'c but i am losing huge amounts of water when it is on, there is a very low amount of splashing (1/2 litre a day) and all piping is running over liner, so no water escaping outside of pond. Im losing approx 6 inches in a 24hr period which is about 500 litres, this to me seems a hell of a lot for evaporation, any ideas/advice? Thanks

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
You can eliminate evaporation. If you want to check it

Take a container and make a mark with a permanent marker at about the halfway point. Fill with water up to that point, and set the container right beside your swimming pool.
In this case pond and shade the bucket or it will be much warmer then the pond.. I have doubts about the 2C gain coming from the UV lamp. How many watts is it and how many gallons is the pond ? You can figure gallons by taking cubic feet times 7.5.

What is the splash you mentioned. Could you have under estimated it.

Could you have poke a hole in the liner or missed a plumbing leak.

Ask a Question