j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I might take some pieces of extra liner too and put inside the pond under those big rocks.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I put extra pieces of liner below my big rocks.

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I think I have a leak in my seam. I have been filling it one foot every day for the last few days. Every afternoon it has been where I left it the day before. But this afternoon I’m down about 1/2” from yesterday afternoon. I’m going to let it sit a few days now to see where it stops draining and assume that’s where in the seam it’s leaking. We shall see. Any tips on finding a leak?

Attachments

• BCB939BE-C2BC-4220-BB5C-4AFAFA715B73.jpeg
    BCB939BE-C2BC-4220-BB5C-4AFAFA715B73.jpeg
    279.4 KB · Views: 131

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Let it drain down, then on hands and knees search for a spot that is not attached well and or wet area if you can see the dirt. Also check the edges, a fold can cause water to seep out, a misplaced rock etc.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Leaks can be a mofo. I suggest keeping a diary ok tried this result was x . Good luck yeah best way is to go back to where you had no leak a foot lower as you took your time filling day by day. if it stops then you know its above that point. The last I saw you here you said you were putting carpet under your rocks ? is that in the pond or on the other side of the liner?
For the sake of the post and someone reading it a year or two from now. You said you used soap and water to clean the rubber. Soap generally leaves a residue wash your hands rinse them good and then smell your hands. they smell clean or like soap. Rubber is tricky as it constantly leaches or what ever you want to call it grab a old tire that's been sitting there a while your hands more then likely will be black. I believe alchohol is recommended to clean rubber I always use gassoline it not only cleans it well it also softens the surface great for the primer to stick to. Dries quick and evaporates no residue at least if there is they are petroleum based products not oil and water trying to work together.
good luck.
if it is the seam I would put a new piece of rubber over your leaking seam its creating two new seams but its onto of the rubber not at the edges.
last thought rubber can wick water if the rubber is folded against its self " a fold " the water can actually climb up an inch or two dont ask me how I have just seen it in disbelief.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nice looking expansion/upgrade to your existing pond. Cant wait to see what the finished version looks like.

Reaction score
Country
United States
So after sitting 3 days with the water level at the same height I was able to tell where in my seam the slow leak was from. I took a spare piece of edpm and cover the whole area and patched with rubber tape and then painted the whole seam with the water based liquid rubber. Going to let dry for 24 hours then start the filling process for hopefully the last time. Fingers crossed

Attachments

• CF6C7DBA-B48E-49F1-821A-93D0B48E8135.jpeg
    CF6C7DBA-B48E-49F1-821A-93D0B48E8135.jpeg
    309.1 KB · Views: 130
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wish you the best... Not sure where the liquid rubber came from but it is not the usual seaming material. if you want a bullet proof seam put double sided tape on top of one piece of rubber and under the other then apply a seam tape of the seam of the top liner.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I did the double side tape and the single tape over it. The liquid rubber I found from a local pond company as a extra measure of protection. It’s water based so safe for fish and plants and creates a perfect seam over the tape

Wish you the best... Not sure where the liquid rubber came from but it is not the usual seaming material. if you want a bullet proof seam put double sided tape on top of one piece of rubber and under the other then apply a seam tape of the seam of the top liner.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You'll have to get some more picture up of how it's coming along

Ask a Question