Pond filter?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi. I've had my pond full of water for about 2 months. No fish or plants in it, (yet). Don't think I will add fish but plants are a definite future addition. My pond is about 11'x15' and about 1.5' deep.

Is there a single unit that filters out the leaves and such from the surrounding trees, or is it a two part system of pump and filter?

I can get some with the pool skimmer that I have, but there has to be a better way.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Usually a 2 part system, you need a suction and a collection point. A skimmer works best for what you want with that size pond. They have floating skimmers that may work for you. I feel they are to small and fill up quickly for leaves but it may work for you.

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
welcome-wagon.gif

Would love to see a pic of your pond.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our group! Leaves are a pain, I usually just net them out. Others, when they are falling in the fall, will net their pond.

Reaction score
Skimmer is great for leaves. I like a really big one so I only have to clean it once every few weeks if I want. They don't sell big ones so I make my own. Much cheaper too.
front.jpg

I also prefer vacuuming in most cases as opposed to bottom drain systems. Less work imo and I get to spend time at the pond.
http://www.waterbugdesign.com/pond/vac.html

Ask a Question