Pond fish jumping towards water fall

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently increased the height of my waterfall on my pond and the goldfish now go under where the water is spilling into the pond and try to jump up the water fall. No ammonia/nitrite/nitrate problems so I am trying to find out why they are doing this. Looks exactly like a salmon jumping up stream to go and breed LoL

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Welcome @YoCamron ! Like @ashirley mentioned, they may be finding delicious things coming from the waterfall. Anytime I clean my waterfall off the fish line up under it like it's a free buffet!

We'd love to see pictures of your pond!

Reaction score
Country
United States
thank you i was a bit worried as they never did this in my other pond. liner sprung a leak last week so i had to move them to my frog pond in the front yard. i moved the waterfall yesterday because it was unbalanced and saw them all doing it last night it was hilarious though

Attachments

• 9333043D-B44B-4CB1-893C-5EEC45F3476B.jpeg
    9333043D-B44B-4CB1-893C-5EEC45F3476B.jpeg
    328 KB · Views: 226
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I recently increased the height of my waterfall on my pond and the goldfish now go under where the water is spilling into the pond and try to jump up the water fall. No ammonia/nitrite/nitrate problems so I am trying to find out why they are doing this. Looks exactly like a salmon jumping up stream to go and breed LoL
Hi and welcome. Sometimes fish go in the waterfall to get more dissolved oxygen because there is an insufficient amount in the pond. Have you noticed any of your fish at the surface gasping for air?

Ask a Question