Pond has two leaks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My pond has two leaks one I have patched (I think successfully) and the other I can't find.
So I am thinking of redoing it. Do I need underlay? Any recommendations of good suppliers in the UK for pond liner and underlay?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Underlayment of some type is recommended.

Do you know the cause/source of the leaks? What type of liner are you using? More information would be helpful.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I would definately try to identify the leak you have now it could be a root or a rock poking through and to redo your pond and have it show again woukd be most aggravating

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@Eric Blair I went back and looked at your previous threads/posts from 2017 until now. It sounds like this pond is maybe a 2nd or third pond for you. Did you ever rebuild the one that your wife had someone move to a different location? What an odd situation that was! So, your wife just hired someone to come in and....move the original pond? Did you even know that she was having this done? And she did it without any input from you? What a shame, since the original pond was in a perfect location, and you have never had any wildlife after that. So, WHY did she have it moved in the first place?

Anyway, back to the present. Please post some pics of the leaky pond — not just a few shots of the “leaky” area, but some pics of the entire pond and what it is located next to. How do you know that you have leaks and that it’s not simply water evaporation? Are you seeing wet areas? Do you know what’s causing the leaks? Is something poking through the liner? I would find the causes befor re-doing the pond, or you are likely to end up with the same problems. Back in 2017, you weren’t in very good physical condition to re-build the pond (that your wife moved), but you didn’t want to hire anyone to do it (I guess, because you thought other people were incompetent to build it correctly...?).

As far as finding places in the UK to buy liner and underlayment, I guess the members here who are from the UK might have advice, but I think most on here get their liners, etc. on line. So, I think that you should search the internet for a 45 mil EPDM liner in the size you need. Pretty much, if it’s a quality liner, your main concern is going to be shipping costs. The web sites will give you shipping info. Please find someone to help you dig and lay out the liner! If you aren’t in good physical shape, this isn’t something you should be doing on your own!

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
If you have a waterfall or external plumbing I would shut that off, and then see if it continues to drop, most commonly it is a leaky waterfall that fall culprit.

Ask a Question