Pond I built this spring

Reaction score
The main pond it 12 by 12 3 feet deep. The upper pond is 8 by 8 1 1/2 feet deep with lots of rocks on the bottom. It is filtered with a skimmer box and a bio falls with media in it. the pump is a 4800 gallon pond master supreme. I am in the middle of building a bio. filter out of 2 33 gallon convex containers. The first one will be stuffed with Spring flo media and will pump from the bottom up. The second will have those cleaning pads all you guys rave about. I am just not sure what size pump to use I was looking at a 2000 gph laguna. What do you guys think (I just don't want to much flow).. I started laying out the pathway that leads to the pond not sure if I will leave the grass for joints or use cement (have any ideas

I will post day time pics tomorrow and filter pics when I finish them

Thanks Wayne

Attachments

• pond.JPG
    pond.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 309
  • pond2.JPG
    pond2.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 323
  • pond3.JPG
    pond3.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 304

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Welcome to the forum your pond looks Good . How many gal do you think you have in there? 2000 gph wont go to far

Reaction score
Here are some day pics and some fish pics the green water is killing me.. Need to get the Bio. Filter going

Attachments

• pond4.JPG
    pond4.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 288
  • pond5.JPG
    pond5.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 270
  • pond6.JPG
    pond6.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 330
  • pond7.JPG
    pond7.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 322
Reaction score
A triange shaped pergola sounds good just takes away from the natural feel. Had that big white bird at the house today whats the best way to keep him away

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback...... These are the 33 gallon tubs i am going to use for my bio filter... I will post more pics when they are done

Thanks Wayne

Attachments

• filter1.JPG
    filter1.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 249

Ask a Question