j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Gosh sakes addy you have a ton more of them now and they are all so pretty! Water is so nice and clear. I like those black and white ones. Well I like them all but just notice how nice those stand out!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I bought it about 3 years ago, lorex, I think they were discontinued. We have it hooked up to our dvr security system. It works great, you have to clean the lens off and on. Quite often you see the fish swim up and munch on the lens. I would love to have a ptz underwater camera, but they are up in the thousands, last time I checked.

All we did was hook it up to our dvr system, on a 130 foot cable. We ran the line through the pvc pipe we ran while building the pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
So where do you buy these and are they real expensive? You also run a cable from the camera underwater to a dvr or tv in your house. Right? Do they make one that is wireless?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Last time I looked the lorex I have was discontinued. No clue if they make wireless. We have a wireless ip camera, I don't really care for the choppy feed it gives.

The cable runs from the house (drilled a hole through the wall) outside then into pvc piping to protect it from me and digging. It comes out of the pvc at the pond and goes under water.

I paid 120 for two of them.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol I have drilled 4 holes now, camera feeds, power feed. Carefully re-stuffed to keep out the bugs. This house is siding, would have been a pita with my arizona house, that house is slump block.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
My house is brick and Masonite siding. It might survive another hole in it.lol. The fish look so nice when you can see them secretly. Totally unaware they are being spyed upon. Ha !

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have a tv screen above the "tv" I spend more time watching the yard and fish than the "tv" Sometimes you see none, they do hang out a lot under the bog waterfall. Always seem to be swimming in groups. Fun to watch them spawn. I floated some of our lilies in the deep end, they love swimming among the plants.
I sat out watching them for a while today, before the heat hit, they just love munching under the pads, eating the aphids and whatever else lives on those plants. You hear all this smacking noise, like one noisy lip smacking eater.

Saw my first fry in the shubunkin tank, about 1/2 an inch, white and black at this time.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
all of my hibiscus came back and the plants are 3 times as big as last year .I have them growing every where I guess seeds dropped .I potted up a bunch of babies and gave them all away and was out yesterday turning over mulch and found more baby plants .

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
callingcolleen1 said:
I wish I had a fish camera, must be complicated to set up. I am not good with electronics or computers. Will have to settle and just look at your pretty fish Addy :)
Buy the stuff, fly me to canada, I will gladly set it up for you. Or buy yourself a set up and I might be able to talk you through getting it running.

Not really that hard to do.

Ask a Question