pond in progress started 4/21/10

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
OK, I'm going to take a stab at who was doing what last night, Gardengirl: Beagle, in the thunder shirt; long haired brown dog, wanted to go snuggle with your hubby, and the pup on the right wanting to be played with. How did I do? BTW, what in the world is that pup on the right of the pic? Looks like Aussie mix of some type ... cute!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
You were close. Long haired brown dog (cocoa) was in the thundershirt, beagle(sissy) wanted in bedroom, aussie-basetthound mix(pepper) just wanted to play. She has the front feet that splay out like a bassett and a long body and tail. Don't tell her she thinks she is all aussie! The lady we got her from didn't tell us what the daddy was, just a neighbor dog. Her sister posted a pup from same litter and said what dad was. too late we had fallen for her. Beautiful puppy pic. Blue eyes are still bright.

Attachments

• pepper puppy.JPG
    pepper puppy.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 153
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Haha, thought those front legs looks a little splayed, but wasn't going to say anything, could have just been the angle. She's really pretty, but surprised at the short hair, unless you trimmed her. In the puppy pic, I would have guessed long hair like an Aussie. Really unique markings if she keeps short hair. Fun dogs!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Well, have fun keeping her out of the horse/goat/cattle/duck/goose/chicken lots then. LOL Had an Aussie/cattle dog/pit bull cross, and he was an extremely smart dog, but too much energy, and with everyone working, didn't have time to train him to stay out of the pastures. He love love loved to chase!
OK, Addy, sorry for hijacking your thread. Back to beautiful ponds and flowers! :blueflower:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
What a cutie, love those blue eyes.

Not hijacking...............we are chatting and being friends..............

We love our families dogs cats and what ever else. And need to share that love.

I can't stop taking flower pictures, just love all the colors, the back yard smells so darn good. enjoy

Attachments

• DSC06135.JPG
    DSC06135.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 201
  • DSC06138.JPG
    DSC06138.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 159
  • DSC06137.JPG
    DSC06137.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 163

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh love the Phlox, I have them in bloom here too. Borrowed them from and abandoned trailer property one year. Weeds were all around them. Have some different looking ones that came up w/ the pink ones and don't really know for sure if they are Phlox also. I'll take pix and ask you what you think.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I just got my first phlox this year. Had gotten some bulbs last year, not a one of them came up. They and yarrow are flowers I want to add to my collection! Love all the flower pics, never can have too many of them. Thanks so much for sharing, Addy. I have a tall bright yellow lily that is VERY fragrant. I don't know that any of my other lilies are, but that one sure is. Have it in 3 different places. Will be digging them up and splitting them one of these days (after all done blooming, and so forth), so if anyone would like some, I'd be happy to share. Maybe the best time to share them is in the spring, not sure.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
love seymore! how beautiful

here you go CE

1. Divide daylilies (also known as Day Lily) any time from early spring to the middle of fall. The very best time to divide daylilies is late summer after they have finished blooming.

2. 2
    Prepare the spot where you will plant the new divisions. Loosen the soil and dig a hole deep enough to cover the base of the new clumps. Daylilies grow well in almost any soil in the full sun.

3. 3
    Remove any mulch that may be around the daylily clump.

4. 4
    Use a garden fork and begin digging about 6 to 12 inches (15 to 30 cm) from the base of the clump. Dig all the way around and under the daylily clump. Remove the clump from the ground completely.

5. 5
    Shake any loose dirt from the daylily clump. This will help you to see where to make your divisions. The best places to divide are areas where the foliage is weak.

6. 6
    Separate the daylily clump in half with two garden forks or with a garden shovel. Make other divisions with a garden fork or a small garden spade to suit your needs. You can keep the divisions larger, or you can further divide into individual fans. The fans can then be planted close together to fill in areas of your garden.

7. 7
    Cut the foliage of the daylilies back to around 12 inches (30 cm). This step is not necessary, but it will make the plants easier to handle.

8. 8
    Place the divided clumps or fans into holes you have previously prepared. The hole needs to be a few inches larger than the clump, but not too deep. Cover the area around the plant with soil. Be careful not to cover the crown of the plants with too much soil. Pat the soil down around the plants.

9. 9
    Add mulch around the base of the daylilies. The mulch will keep grass from growing around the plants, and it will help to hold in moisture.

10. 10
    Water the daylilies well. Keep the plants watered through the coming weeks.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
OMG. I just threw some on the bank behind my fence around the pond and they are blooming like crazy. I had to dig up a gazillion before I could mulch behind my bridge. I still have little pieces trying to grow around the weedblock and mulch. If you leave any little piece of root they will grow and grow and grow.... I will take some pics tomorrow if it is not raining.

Ask a Question