Pond in Southern Illinois

Reaction score
Here is the newest Pond Pics now that the main part of the brick Patio is done. My wife Anne likes it but isnt thrilled about how square the patio is. Great news for me since it gives me cover to expand the patio much larger like I want to, as I make the border more winding and less "square" for her.

Attachments

• pond #1.jpg
    pond #1.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 742
  • pond #2.jpg
    pond #2.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 721

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Looks really nice and I see what ya mean, I'd go bigger also on the patio and give it a bit more winding as you call it. Still I think it would be fine as it is but gotta do what makes ya both happy. You have a very pretty big pond. How come your pix don't enlarge much when ya click on them? I would love to see larger photo's to see it better. Must be just a matter of enlarging the photo's or some technical thing :regular_waving_emot

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yep make your photo size 800x800 then it enlarges nicely, yours are around 100 to 200 in size. If you want to lol.

I much prefer winding soft edges vs square. enjoy changing it!

Your pond is beautiful

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I love it when men use there wife as excuse to go bigger .LOL square is in .Your pond is really nicely landscaped and like the shape of it .Nice trees to give it shade ,but hope the roots did not give you trouble .Your pond looks well established also.I agree pics need to be bigger my eye sights not that great LOL

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Great looking pond. I am assuming you are putting something in your pond to give it that blue color. Does it help control algae or is just for looks?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
If thats pond die ,they say it helps shade the pond ,which by the shade from the trees not sure he needs it .My neighbor used it what a mess everything was blue even my hands up to the elbow LOL Her pump went bad and we had to get it out and then the filter got full of frogs and the smell from them was whew bad .She is closer to the creek than me and gets even more frogs .

Reaction score
Thanks everybody for the pic advice--still trying to make them larger. Yes, thats pond dye, the neighbor is an ex-ponder and told me to use it to hold down the pea soup algea since the pond is fairly new (filled up about a month ago)seemed to work for that although it doesnt seem to help with string algea. And yes it can be a mess especially if you put in too much-- which I did originally.

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 371
Reaction score
Ok starting over with bigger pics, thanks Addy

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 521
  • 000_0043.jpg
    000_0043.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 620
  • 000_0051.jpg
    000_0051.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 612
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 551
Reaction score
Anne talked me into using flagstone for the pond viewing area which is between the patio and the pond in the cut out area of the pond. I will post pics of it soon-it turned out nice I think

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 435
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 458
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 450
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 398

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You would never know that pond is new and the plastic lattice in the stock tank great idea .I love your house also looks like a 70 's ranch which is in right now

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
still can't believe it is new and pond dye works for ponds mostly in sun .It shades the water .But you should have alot of shade from your trees .My neighbor even had blueish colored frogs ,I felt sorry for the little guys .The guy at petsmart told her to try it .Why she bought it I have no clue she did not have algae and her pond was not in full sun for more than 4 hours .Even then it was dappled sun, not full on sun .

Reaction score
Pond is in full sun from 9am to around 1pm. In the little pool between the house and the pond Anne dumped a LOT of blue dye in last year since she didnt like green water and nothing lived in it. But then frogs showed up like they allways do and our teenage son dumped bluegill and crappie in it that he had caught in the lake behind the house. Your right, frogs and fish turned blue but otherwise seemed unhurt and the label says its harmless. Yes house is a ranch style and we love it

Ask a Question