Pond in the foothills

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
That is sad. This wasn't on my property but, a few years ago, I saw a buck that had been shot. I came in contact with the kids who shot him. I told them the deer headed towards the swamp. I checked the next day. They never went there to check. They even had a four wheeler. :(

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I support legal hunting, but it's not always a matter of 1 shot then the animal falls dead.
That's why I don't hunt. The fun ends once you pull the trigger.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I really enjoy fishing but I can't remember the last time I caught anything.
I always feel bad for the poor fish with the hook in its mouth................so we pretend fish, go out and float.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I was given a perfect year and a half old doe this past weekend, butchered her myself. I now have about 60+# of meat in my freezer, and you talk about tender! Can't wait to eat fresh deer meat this winter.
I sure hope the cougar spotted in my area does not come roaming my way, but with no trees or brush to hide it for about a mile in every direction, there is little chance it will make it to this area. :)

waynefrcan

19 years ponding and hopefully 4 more!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Hi Mitch, this is why I gave up hunting & fishing 30 years ago. It's cruel and they have a right to live as we do.

waynefrcan

19 years ponding and hopefully 4 more!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
You got me there lol, I do eat a can of tuna once and awhile. The rest is farmed animals or fish bred for human consumption as best as I can get it.
Wayne

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
If one is a responsible hunter who will put the meat to good use, then it is ok . Trouble is lots of mean people who could care less and shoot just for the sake of shooting. There will always be "rogue" people out there and I am not giving up my right to enjoy wild meat just cause of a few bad people.

I will look more close at your videos when I get home after work tonight Mitch. Cell phone is hard to hear and get a nice look on big screen.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Hey I finally got a good look at the pond breather Mitch, looks like all is working pretty good for you. It would not work though for me cause my ponds are not deep and would surely freeze very hard and my fish would run out of water then.

Nice and remote way out there Mitch, no noisy traffic and city noise, must be peaceful and nice scenery too!

I forgot to mention that if you every build a stream, the minnows will love that, and large groups will school together and swim up the stream. My minnows do that in the front yard pond with little stream.

Ask a Question