Pond in-water fence help

Reaction score
I ave a Wanvisa lily that grows very well. It is planted in the pond and not potted. During the height of its' growth, a turtle started decimating it. I put a temporary chicken wire fence around it and that did the trick.

I want to put a permanent fence around it, but need help in figuring out what would look good and what materials to use. If anyone has done this or if anyone knows where to point me, I would apprecite it.

Thanks

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Deer fencing would work too, do you have fish? I did get a little one stuck in the fencing.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
I would recommend using pvc with netting using cable ties. It wont degrade in the water and should give you enough rigidity to protect the plant. Here is one I made for protection.

Picture010.jpg

Reaction score
I have a LOT of fish (big mouth bass, perch even some fresh water eels). Do not have a problem with getting fish caught in the fence. I guess if the fence or netting has too small an opening, leaves and the like will clog the water flow. If the opening is too big, the turtles will get in. I was thinking of driving stakes in at the corners and then running coated fencing around it to about 10 inches above the water line.

Reaction score
I like the suggestion that Shakaho presented. Especially in the green color. There is also hardware cloth (wire mesh 1/2" squares) with a green nylon coating that may work well, and it would have a sturdier skeleton framework so it won't "slouch" on you. The latter is what I use above ground to wrap my trees along the river to deter beaver from gnawing on the trunks.

Catfishnut

Ask a Question