Pond is back

FountainMan

Dihydrogen Monoxide-scaping.
Reaction score
I haven't touched my pond since summer and initially I thought it was going to be a long labor intensive project but it wasn't as bad as I thought.

I had discussed expanding the pond to a 20 x 30' pond using cheap PVC liner but after I was advised here to not cut corners but without funds for an EPDM liner I had no choice but to put it on the back burner for now and enjoy as it is.

20160405_101105.jpg
20160406_113009.jpg
20160406_113033.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
liners are not cheap and shipping one that big can be expensive .Maybe a bargain will come your way that you can't refuse .:);)

Smaug

God makes perfect. I just dug the hole
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's very expensive to have liners and underlayment shipped due to the weight and bulk. I was fortunate to have a pond supply business close by. Your stand by pond looks very nice.

FountainMan

Dihydrogen Monoxide-scaping.
Reaction score
I like big ponds. Lol. Mostly because of being able to accommodate the large fountains like Kasco and Aqua Control. Some day I hope to have some acreage with a good sized serpentine shaped pond or dammed up creek.

Thanks guys.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Dr foster and smith shipped my liner free and a great pond friend from NJ sent me underlayment .I did use under it roofing felt I had left from the builder and milky spore to keep the grubs away and hopefully all this will help with keeping the moles away .The milky spore did not seem to hurt the worms because I have plenty of them .Have to get more milky spore to treat the back of the property .Sometimes more property is nice fountainman and sometimes it is just a lot of work and money .This house is just over 3 acres and other house is almost 12 acres .

Ask a Question