sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
true cleans it to much and even pond places have shown bad pond cleaners that put holes in liners

Reaction score
Country
United States
But high water pressure is destructive when used to clean a pond.
I see you have much to learn. In skilled hands it's a blessing. I can teach you. There are many reasons high pressure is helpful other than blasting a focused laser beam of water at something and making a hole in liner. I will fill you in when I finish work I'm checking leaks saving fish and replacing liner today!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I see you have much to learn. In skilled hands it's a blessing. I can teach you. There are many reasons high pressure is helpful other than blasting a focused laser beam of water at something and making a hole in liner. I will fill you in when I finish work I'm checking leaks saving fish and replacing liner today!

lol, you do know who you're talking to, don't you...o_O
I've been keeping fish for over 40 years and Meyer Jordan is one of the most knowledgeable and helpful people I have come across and learned from.

I find irrigation components pretty useful when trying to design low pressure, low voltage water management setups..(y)

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
the meaning of high pressure to me is saying everything .I have a pressure washer and it comes with certain tips for certain jobs ,but in the wrong hands without knowledge they can mean disaster .I use it to spray my lawn with organic fertilizer ,the only thing i have ever used it for in 12 years

Reaction score
Country
United States
lol, you do know who you're talking to, don't you...o_O
I've been keeping fish for over 40 years and Meyer Jordan is one of the most knowledgeable and helpful people I have come across and learned from.

I find irrigation components pretty useful when trying to design low pressure, low voltage water management setups..(y)

Not sure on anyone's personal history yet but I do know that if you immediately write off high water pressure from the irrigation system you are potentially losing the chance to cut a few hours of cleaning. To drop a blanket statement like "high pressure is destructive to ponds" is just lazy and not true.

There are plenty of uses for high pressure. Just to name a few... You can fill up tubs, pools you have already cleaned, or any kind of basin, and drop a pump into this basin with 2in hose and use it to get much more flow than any garden hose, without having a focused line of pressure. This is useful for multiple things I won't even bother listing. You can use a nozzle on the tip of a garden hose to get decent pressure without as much as a pressure washer to get algae off liner, string algae off rocks on waterfalls in cracks a brush would not reach, etc. In many cases tapping into the irrigation bypasses the water meter saving the client a nice bit on their water bill. And honestly the most important is filling up the pond to a point where you can put fish back in and leave, you can stick the hose in any kind of way so that the pressure will not disturb anything and it will fill much faster with the high pressure from the irrigation instead of the crap pressure from the side of the house. These are just a few things, I have about a hundred different tricks that are all situational.

If you close your mind to things immediately you are missing out on being innovative and finding new, effective solutions.

Jakk

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
To drop a blanket statement like "high pressure is destructive to ponds" is just lazy and not true.

But just as lazy saying it is not destructive to ponds without proper explanation on how to do it. You may know how to do it correctly seeing it is your business but telling the average person it will be fine could be disastrous to many.

BTW Meyer has a little knowledge with this pond stuff.

If you close your mind to things immediately you are missing out on being innovative and finding new, effective solutions.

I agree with this statement 100% for most things in life.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Not sure on anyone's personal history yet but I do know that if you immediately write off high water pressure from the irrigation system you are potentially losing the chance to cut a few hours of cleaning. To drop a blanket statement like "high pressure is destructive to ponds" is just lazy and not true.

There are plenty of uses for high pressure. Just to name a few... You can fill up tubs, pools you have already cleaned, or any kind of basin, and drop a pump into this basin with 2in hose and use it to get much more flow than any garden hose, without having a focused line of pressure. This is useful for multiple things I won't even bother listing. You can use a nozzle on the tip of a garden hose to get decent pressure without as much as a pressure washer to get algae off liner, string algae off rocks on waterfalls in cracks a brush would not reach, etc. In many cases tapping into the irrigation bypasses the water meter saving the client a nice bit on their water bill. And honestly the most important is filling up the pond to a point where you can put fish back in and leave, you can stick the hose in any kind of way so that the pressure will not disturb anything and it will fill much faster with the high pressure from the irrigation instead of the crap pressure from the side of the house. These are just a few things, I have about a hundred different tricks that are all situational.

Jakk

.. So ... high pressure water is bad for ponds but good for business.

Ask a Question