Pond leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi friends
I have a cement pond and waterfall..I have had them all coated with G4...I have a leak...don't know where!!
I have switched off waterfall...and let pond go down slowly...still cant find ..
what can I coat the whole pond with ( non toxic )and not AI or G4 to seal this hidden leak.....DONT want to use a liner again as its to plastic looking ..
Help require urgently please

GG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Welcome @graham george - sorry that you are having this issue!

I know nothing about cement ponds or fixing leaks - maybe others who do already know this but what is G4 and AI?Are these common products that we would know here in the US? Also a few more details about your pond - do you have filtration? Fish? How many gallons? How old is it? Can you post a picture or two?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome @graham george - sorry that you are having this issue!

I know nothing about cement ponds or fixing leaks - maybe others who do already know this but what is G4 and AI?Are these common products that we would know here in the US? Also a few more details about your pond - do you have filtration? Fish? How many gallons? How old is it? Can you post a picture or two?

Hi from Scotland.....thanks for you reply
G4 is an expensive non toxic ...like a varnish has to go on quick and second coat within 2 hours and depending on the temp.it has to be left curing for up to 2 hours...in clear and Black
A1 is a paint
I have 2 x filters
15 KOI biggish
pictures tomorrow

G

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
You can hide the plastic pretty well, then the liner below the surface (like on the sides and the bottom) just look black.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@count krunk Hello! I see that you just joined. Why not go over to our “introductions” area and tell us about yourself. Do you have a pond or just in the planning stages?

Ask a Question