POND LEAK......

Reaction score
Hey everybody- I've had a leak for awhile and I finally found it. I would fill my pond and not more than 12-24 hours later it would be down by an 1 1/2". It's over by my waterfall where the liners cross an one of them has dropped down a bit. I dug some roots out that were around it and now I want to get the liner up higher. My plan is to empty out part of my pond, pull the liner up higher, backfill behind the liner with some baserock, pack it down and then put the rocks back around the edge. Does this sound right?
Thanks

Attachments

• leak1.jpg
    leak1.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 182
Reaction score
Sounds right. Going by the pictures I'd use concrete blocks right behind the pond liner, just easier, more stable and you don't have a lot of extra liner. Fill the block with base rock and in back of the block.

I also make sure there's a gap between the two liners to stop water from wicking. That can be a cause for ground settling there.
StreamOverlap.jpg

Ask a Question