Pond Light Placement Recommendations?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'm hoping to begin construction of my pond soon and have purchased 3 LED low-voltage lights for inclusion. One is about twice the size of the others and I plan on placing that one on the bottom facing upwards below the waterfall. The two smaller ones will be placed about equidistance apart in the rock walls, shining inwards towards the center of the pond (about 8' x 8'). Does anyone have any recommendations about height placement in the walls? I'm guessing about half-way up the walls would be optimal?

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
I'm hoping to begin construction of my pond soon and have purchased 3 LED low-voltage lights for inclusion. One is about twice the size of the others and I plan on placing that one on the bottom facing upwards below the waterfall. The two smaller ones will be placed about equidistance apart in the rock walls, shining inwards towards the center of the pond (about 8' x 8'). Does anyone have any recommendations about height placement in the walls? I'm guessing about half-way up the walls would be optimal?
I would say dont have any pointed at the middle, because the fish need plently of darkness for night, and so if you has the big one under the waterfall and the other ones pointed under plants, or at the waterfall, along with the big one.

normally people place them on the bottom of the first shelf ( in mine it is nine inches deep ) and just surround them with rocks, although since I dont know much about the depth or other specs of your pond, these are my mere opinons

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I would say dont have any pointed at the middle, because the fish need plently of darkness for night, and so if you has the big one under the waterfall and the other ones pointed under plants, or at the waterfall, along with the big one.

normally people place them on the bottom of the first shelf ( in mine it is nine inches deep ) and just surround them with rocks, although since I dont know much about the depth or other specs of your pond, these are my mere opinons
Thanks. The pond will be about 3' deep in the center and I'm thinking I'll probably put the lights on a timer.

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Thanks. The pond will be about 3' deep in the center and I'm thinking I'll probably put the lights on a timer.
sounds good! as long as they onyl go a couple hours into the night it shouldnt disturb the fish :)

Ask a Question