Pond lighting

Reaction score
What is the most economical lighting system(being the cheap skate that I am) I can use to light up my pond at night.

Reaction score
For in water lightning. I have used H20 submersible lightning. I purchased it at 123ponds.com I think I got a lot for the money.

Reaction score
I am not sure if I need in water or out.I want my waterfall lit up while being able to see some fish swimming around the pond.Home depot has a 3 set of underwater lights for $60.

Reaction score
Depending on what you need lowes and home depot have suitable lightning for out of the pond. I bought mine from lowes. If I remember I got eight lights and a transformer for around 180 bucks. If you need in pond lighting check out that website I posted. Good stuff.

Reaction score
i have those lights as well, if we are talking about the plastic enclosures ones. My issue with those is the rubber gasket seal between the colored lens and main body of the fixture...they don't last long and invariably water will leak in and short the bulb.

Quick fix: i'll add a small bead of aquarium silicone and voila!

Reaction score
The preference is very subjective, but my 2 cents is in-pond:

1) i abhor seeing a light source so behind and under the fall would give you shimmering water effects.
2) when pond lights are directed upwards, light play on nearby trees, structures and so forth can be very pretty.
3) fish will congregate around lights naturally, they learn that light attracts insects and make for a tasty snack.

Reaction score
Thanks senoufo. I haven't had them for long so I haven't run into that problem. Good tip.

I actually have both in pond and out of pond lighting. I think both looks awesome. The in pond filters are green. Gives off a very nice glow. The out of pond lighting is normal white light. Two flood lights shine up into the trees. The others are for look. Ill try and post a picture later tonight.

Reaction score
Here you go. This is a good picture of my pond and lighting.

Attachments

• Pondlights.jpg
    Pondlights.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 362

Ask a Question