Pond Liner Help

Reaction score
Country
United States
I bought 20'x20' firestone 45mill pond liner on ebay .Open up and find out the thickness it uneven. There is 4 inches thicker space go across along at center whole piece ,it look like a seam but there is no connection line. so I see just like a 4 inches stripe thicker at center of whole piece . Do some one know about pond liner let me know that is normal or that go wrong .I want to return it but it is very heavy and cost for return will heavy like it self .THANK YOU

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I bought 20'x20' firestone 45mill pond liner on ebay .Open up and find out the thickness it uneven. There is 4 inches thicker space go across along at center whole piece ,it look like a seam but there is no connection line. so I see just like a 4 inches stripe thicker at center of whole piece . Do some one know about pond liner let me know that is normal or that go wrong .I want to return it but it is very heavy and cost for return will heavy like it self .THANK YOU

No big deal. Doesn't affect its quality. When you put it in the pond hole, arrange it so that the seam isn't in a position where you'll need to pleat it. Of course they're seamed here and there........so what?

Think of it this way, you got twice the thickness in a narrow band and you weren't charged double.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
EPDM membrane is manufactured in 5 foot widths. These 5 foot wide rolls are then seamed to each other at the factory. This is why EPDM is only available in multiple widths of 5 feet. i.e. 10 ft, 20, ft 25 ft,etc.

Smaug

God makes perfect. I just dug the hole
Reaction score
Country
United States
Place I buy my liner material from rolls it off a huge roll. That stuff is seamless,be danged if I'd risk a leak with a seam. Having that in my liner would be a constant worry.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Firestone EPDM still has factory hot-weld seams. These seams are actually stronger than the actual liner. I have never heard of a factory seam failing. These seams are typically 4 inches wide as you have described on the liner you purchased. These are not factory seconds or rejects, but part of the normal manufacturing process.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I had seams in a few of my large liners also , it not a big deal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On pools I put liners in by heat welding, we then use liquid plastic called seam sealer to protect the seam and to help smooth the edge

Ask a Question