Pond Liner leaking

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just curious if anyone has experience with the pond liner kits vs products like flex tape that can be applied without having to drain and dry the area first? Problem is I think the hole is near the bottom of the pond and I don’t have a great place to relocate my fish to completely drain the pond out and let it dry. I’m still locating the hole but so far my pond has lost about half the water so I know the hole is pretty far down. Has anyone tried the milk trick before to locate the hole also? Any adverse affects on the fish? Any help/guidance is appreciated!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1604772867072.gif
@Heatherleeufc
Can't help ya w/this one as I have never had this issue..............yet.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Flex paste is suppose to be applied under water and cure under water. When its dry its not toxic as far as I know but as long as any product underwater doesn't look like its running should be OK tgeres only so much exposure.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
For my dollar theres nothing like a liner repair kit. There's a sticky in the pond construction and equipment forum much more entailed then you would need but it gives the basics.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome! Just a few questions....

How old is the pond? How big is your pond and what kind of fish do you have? What material is your liner made from? Do you have a waterfall? Do you have plants? Are you finding wet spots where there shouldn't be any? Where do you live —what part of the country?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Have you turned everything off and see if the water still goes down? If you have water falls etc.

Ask a Question