pond master 2000 filter

PS3

Reaction score
the place where i get my bird seed from can get me a deal on this filter
its for 2000 galllons my pond is 1000 gllaons. this seems like an awesome filter
the filter iam useing is old and i cant get the pads any more
so does any body else use this filter box

Reaction score
i would say stay away. these in-pond filters are hard to clean and don't work all that well. why not go with a stock tank or barrel filter?

Reaction score
Agreed. They are truly horrific. They are a nightmare to clean and get very heavy with all the sponges when when. Who wants to be hauling wet stuff outta the pond when you can stay nice and dry with an external filter. Just say no!

PS3

Reaction score
ok iam runing a pre-filter now its round with super small holes and the filter goes aorund it..
so can i just put the cage in the water. with no filter sponge on it
will this work? no big stuff or sticks can get in to the pump. just the dirt water and fish poop.but i only clean the filter sponge 2 times a week lol

so let me know what u think the holes are really small

Reaction score
yes, this is a common DIY project. Folks will strap together two colanders, for example, to form a cage around the pump to protect it from debris. Also, put your pump on a brick so it doesn't sit at the pond floor and pull in all the debris at floor level. It inevitably draws stuff and crap to it. Every couple of weeks just net that up.

PS3

Reaction score
yeah. the holes are just small as a colanders holes. so tomorrow i will just take
off the filter sponge off the cage and just put the cage back in the water
i have a small hose runing from the pump to the cage i will leave it on. iam lazy
and iam sure the water will clear up faster. AND i made a huge mistake last week
i went to the pet stoe and i got reallt small feeder fish and they are still alive.
and i went to another pet store and there feeders where huge if i would have know
this i would have never got the tiny ones i hope they dont get sucked up though the cage

Ask a Question