pond medicine that wont kill the wildlife?

Reaction score
My husband and I are digging a pond in the back yard of our country home...there is a water drainage issue so we have decided to make it functional but pretty...I plan to plant a few bog plants...nothing submerged or floating....we want to put something in the water to keep the mosquito pop down and to keep the pond somewhat clear. We are pretty sure we will hit a spring when we begin digging...while it will be a fairly good size pond and I plan to swim in it, we do not want fish in it...just painted turtles and frogs. what we want is something for the mosquitos and to keep it somewhat clear without harming the turtles, frogs, or bog plants...any suggestions? I am really excited about having a pond again (had a farm pond as a child)...so glad I found this forum

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I grew up with a natural spring fed pond on our farm and we also used it to water our veggie gardens .My dad did put in fish but being that it was spring fed we had no liner and it was clear

Ask a Question