Pond megastore

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
Anyone have experience with this store? I am trying to find some submerged plants that are legal in Alabama. Most sites are sold out of anything that would be good for my upper pond. Thinking mermaid plant and red ludwigia.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I have ordered from them several times in the past & typically been happy with the plants sent. Water hyacinth were a little on the small side this year, and last year one lily was a really poor & tiny specimen, but I still use them as my 'go-to' on line store for pond plants.

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Have used them numerous times in the past and plants have always arrived healthy and with out issue.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I ordered Hornwort from them last season and the plants I received were excellent. However, I ordered from them last week and just received my order yesterday. This time my order was poorly packaged. The water lily and one other plant I ordered were okay despite the "dry" packaging, but the hornwort I received was BROWN. Nothing at all like what I experienced before.

I contacted them about the brown plants and today they requested a photo as proof.... We'll see how it goes.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Update on my Pond Megastore order: As mentioned above, I contacted them about the brown hornwort I received and I got a (rather curt I might add) request to send pictures. Which I did. But then I didn't hear back from them. So I contacted them again, just in case they didn't get my photo attachment or something. Someone else responded and apologized because they had expected the issue to have been handled already. They said they contacted their greenhouse in Florida to arrange for my replacements to be sent immediately. The same day I received a tracking #, and it looks like the new plants will arrive tomorrow. So we'll see what I get this time.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Thanks for update. I am holding my order until you get yours in good condition. So, please post update when your order arrives.
My replacement hornwort plants just arrived, and in good condition. This time, whoever packed them actually wrapped them in damp paper and placed them in a bag. Although they didn't tie the bag off, so water had leaked into the shipping box and started turning it to mush. But, at least it arrived before it got too beat up.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I ordered from them too. I ordered sensitive plant, parrot's feather, water spangle, water lettuce and water hyacinths. Most of it looked good, but the hyacinths and water lettuce could have been larger and I expected more roots. Especially the hyacinth, I'm used to seeing long roots hanging from them. These barely had roots. Only time will tell how well they will improve. I have them in those floating nets for now. I don't want the koi to attack their skimpy roots.
The parrot's feather looked a bit yellow, but after a week the tips are greening up.

I've never had water spangles before. They look healthy and the 1/2 pound was plenty.

The giant sensitive plants look healthy. These came with the roots in a tiny plastic pot with soil. I wasn't sure what to do with them. I thought they were a floating plant. I contacted them via email and got a quick response. They said I could plant them or wash off the soil and just float them. Thinking about it now, I should have complained about the lettuce and hyacinth.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
I ordered from them too. I ordered sensitive plant, parrot's feather, water spangle, water lettuce and water hyacinths. Most of it looked good, but the hyacinths and water lettuce could have been larger and I expected more roots. Especially the hyacinth, I'm used to seeing long roots hanging from them. These barely had roots. Only time will tell how well they will improve. I have them in those floating nets for now. I don't want the koi to attack their skimpy roots.
The parrot's feather looked a bit yellow, but after a week the tips are greening up.

I've never had water spangles before. They look healthy and the 1/2 pound was plenty.

The giant sensitive plants look healthy. These came with the roots in a tiny plastic pot with soil. I wasn't sure what to do with them. I thought they were a floating plant. I contacted them via email and got a quick response. They said I could plant them or wash off the soil and just float them. Thinking about it now, I should have complained about the lettuce and hyacinth.
You all are making me nervous to order from these guys.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’ve seen lots of folks use them, haven’t ordered online, but I’ll use them if I need to, have money to do so. From what I’ve heard, they are good, and most say if theirs an issue, they’ll fix it.

Ask a Question