pond needs filtering

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a pond thats roughly 300 gallons with a lot of fish. The algae has turned the pond brown.
I want to put a filter system in it.
My concern is that I have very small guppies of about a half inch to about an inch. I don't want them to get sucked into the filter.

Any ideas on a filter that would clean the water and NOT kill the guppies?

Thanks.

chrisusvi

Attachments

• pond-finished2.jpg
    pond-finished2.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 295

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
you need a bio filter setup ...checkout the DIY section for some designs and just scale one down, and use a prefilter on your pump to keep the smaller fish from getting sucked up . a 20 or 30 gallon filter should serve you well...that said your water isnt brown from algea its brown from dissolved organic compounds(D.O.C.s) and tannins from dead vegetable matter, fish waste etc.. you can do some 10% water changes every couple days till your water clarity improves...ideally you should be circulating your ponds water volume every hour or so thru a biofilter.filter and clean up the bottom of the pond as good as you can too! remove rocks if youve got them...

Ask a Question