Pond Net Experience

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ordered my netting today from Memphis Netting after the samples they sent arrived. They were so nice to deal with and they agreed to dip it in the latex black stuff.

Once it arrives we'll figure out how we want to hang it.
Good deal. I'm following, so please post some pics/specs when you get it.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
The net arrived last week, but we've been finishing up some other projects. Hubby is building these hoops over the pond, in hopes
IMG_3520.jpg
we can drape the netting over them.

Right now we have a ton of small debris dropping from trees, so it's kind of nice having the mesh net up, but I'm anxious to take it down and get the new net up and be able to better see the pond !

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@Tula just keep in mind if you leave that up all winter the snow can get quite heavy I'm sure you know that and could collapse the poles. We hardly get much snow here but whenever we do I have to get out there and get that snow off the net as it starts to sag pretty quick like. My net is old too and it tends to rip the holes apart if I don't get out there soon. Mine is just held up by ropes tho. Might it be that the curved poles are stronger and can hold more snow?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
@Tula just keep in mind if you leave that up all winter the snow can get quite heavy I'm sure you know that and could collapse the poles. We hardly get much snow here but whenever we do I have to get out there and get that snow off the net as it starts to sag pretty quick like. My net is old too and it tends to rip the holes apart if I don't get out there soon. Mine is just held up by ropes tho. Might it be that the curved poles are stronger and can hold more snow?
This structure is just for the net. In the winter we cover the pond with a pool solar cover and use 16 foot untreated boards to make a lean to. We had a mild winter this year, but we've also had big snow storms in the past and this wouldn't hold up to that. I know @callingcolleen1 achieves good support with her cattle panels, but our pond is too small to use them properly.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
So here we are unpacking the net and laying it out. Memphis Net no longer offers a 4 inch wide weave, so we got the 3 inch. Hand for size reference.
IMG_3553.jpg
IMG_3557.jpg
IMG_3558.jpg
IMG_3561.jpg

Reactions: j.w
Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Now we need to move on to finishing up the bog, hiding the liner, rock work and plantings :)

Reactions: j.w

cas

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
The pond and bog look awesome! Great job with the net, even if swearing was involved. :giggle:

Ad

Advertisements

Jhn

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Nice, the net like addy said you can barely see it. Bog is looking good too.

Ask a Question