Pond Netting Advise Needed

Reaction score
I am looking for some advise as to what is the best pond net to purchase to keep leaves out of the pond. I need something fairly strong and durable since I have dogs that tend to tear up the net. I have used the cheap plastic netting in the past but it didn't last more than a few years and developed rips.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
we bought ours online from a guy in oklahoma. great price and strong netting with grommets. do a google search, and you will find lots of sites.

rdk

Reaction score
If you buy a net you can set it up like an A-frame Works great the leaves fall to the sides. If you have a dog ripping it apart go with the fence with wire on top of it. RDK

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
If it's just temporary can't you just use that bird netting from Lowes or Home Depot?
OOps never mind I just re-read your post and you need something much stronger.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Just been slacking off a bit over the summer
Animated_Smiley_Summer_Sun_Hammock_Cocktail-1.gif

Reaction score
I tried the pvc frame and kept getting birds caught in there. Don't know how they got in, but it was not easy to get them out! haha

I bought two cheaper ones. Sewed them together and left a small corner open for the dogs to drink. (Biggest dog water bowl ever) Then we were both happy.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
DrDave said:
How is that bathtub project going?

Bathtub pond is working fine but I did make the big mistake of putting a thin layer of pea gravel on the bottom and now I've taken the fish out and put them in the big pond for winter and siphoned all the water out of the tub and put clean water in it for next year. I knew better than to put the gravel in so shame on me :rolleyes: I found that if I hooked up the garden hose discreetly so it could run on a timer each day and add a little clean water to the tub splashing in on the surface so as to add oxygen that it seemed to keep it nice for the fish but not too extreme of a change. I also have an air pump and fountain running when the fish are in there in the summer. Had trouble w/ the raccoons grabbing at the water lilies so had to add a screen on top.........bummer but what ya gonna do..........supply the fish w/ little guns? :confused:
This picture is before I moved the hose to a more discreet place in the back
IMG_1186.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks but I had to add a little wire fence now and a screen on top for the summer which makes it look not as good to me anyway. Next summer I'll post the latest pix. I may change the cover to bird netting instead of the screen door stuff :confused:

Ask a Question