Pond netting construction

Reaction score
Country
United States
Last spring we lost large and mid-sized koi. We are guessing it was the migrating pelicans that were resting on a nearby sand pit. This year we have netting held up off the water by plastic lawn chairs and held down with rocks along the edge of the 30' round pond. I also have CDs placed all over since I read that birds don't like shiny stuff like that. So, our beautiful pond looks pretty tacky right now, but we'll do most anything to keep the remaining koi safe. We also need it in the fall to keep leaves out of the pond. What I would really like to do is build a collapsable net made with small/bendable PVC pipe or maybe those bendable posts that hold up a small tent. I've seen similar nets in pond catalogs, but they are too small for our pond. Has anyone else constructed anything like this?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
cattle panel cover .Colleen in Canada on here made one .I first saw a greenhouse made out of them by texasprepper on you tube

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Currently working on putting netting over 2 ponds. Lots of leaves plus hawKS and eagles. Frames from pvc and electrical conduit.

Attachments

• 20190313_131228.jpg
    20190313_131228.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 135

Ask a Question