pond netting?

Reaction score
HI GUYS,

so for the last couple of years i have had problems with my leaf nets. the first net fell into the water and the holes were big enough that a koi got stuck in. i was able to get him out and he was alright. the nexyt year i brought a plastic netting with smaller holes. well the leafs collecting along with the snow tore the net and everything fell into the pond.

looking for what leaf nets everyone uses, looking at maybe nylon instead of plastic. i have a small pond ,but its odd shaped with the waterfall.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I just net the pond to protect it from the heron's, if leaves fall in use a leaf net to pull them out.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Do you have an edge to your pond ?
We use a net 6mm hexagonal with two bungiestraps one that goes across the pond the other arond the pond the bugie strap across it is pulld in first so its nice and tight then the bungie strap arpound the pond is pulled taught the result is a net that is so tight you could bouce a ball off of it :D
To feed we just lift it off the edging and fix it bac afterwards.
To treat fish or catch them we walk one half of the net across to the other side of the pond an attach it leaving half the pond covered .
The net is most probably heron proof too
Dont know if you can get them in the US but you could suggest they make one for you leaves all we do is vacuum them off .

rgrds

Dave

Reaction score
interesting do u have a pic of the pond with the netting? problem is my pond is in the corner of my house where leaves collect. i have giant oaks all around me.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Sadly these are bad examples of this net as we have since finished the cladding of the pond but havent any photo's.
However weve added door knobs around the pond at regulr entervals and the entire net is tightened around those but you can see the effect the bungie straps have on the net and the cross pond bungie strap and how it holds the net above the pond not in it.
You can see even with the 6mm hexagonal net you can see your fish through them .
The company we use are called Norfine nets they do export their email address is as follows :-

http://www.norfinenets.co.uk/nets-online.php?category0=33893541

IM000059.JPG

SDC10385.jpg

SDC10389.jpg

IM000056.JPG

IM000057.JPG

IM000058.JPG

It will be up to you to decide if you could get a net to fit on the setup you have .
Hope this helps

rgrds

Dave

Ask a Question