Pond Panorama

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Taken early this morning. This is 6 pictures stitched together in photoshop.

Pond Panorama gpf.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Nice pond in a nice setting.
How far away is your house from the pond?

@Mucky_Waters The pond is about 25ft away from the house. We wanted to hear the stream from in the house. We have a side deck which is higher than a step down to where the pond area is. This is a view from our side door. In the winter we can see the entire pond. The weigela bush is a little big now so it is hard to see the pond from the door.

IMG_3889.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Beautiful! It makes my little pond look like a cheap fishbowl, :(.....
Thanks but do not put yours down, if it gives you pleasure and enjoyment then you achieved what some people will never experience. Trust me, this is not my dream pond but we still love it. I have seen a few that are just simply amazing but my flat yard or budget would not allow me to build one.

Reaction score
@Mucky_Waters The pond is about 25ft away from the house. We wanted to hear the stream from in the house. We have a side deck which is higher than a step down to where the pond area is. This is a view from our side door. In the winter we can see the entire pond. The weigela bush is a little big now so it is hard to see the pond from the door.

View attachment 74285
Hack that bush out of there and open that view up, that's too nice of a view to have blocked by a bush.
It's a funny thing the sound of a stream or waterfall. We use to live right beside a creek that often had a good flow to it. In fact we were so close that you could actually feel the rumble when it got high, and flooding in the spring was often a concern. Because the sound represented a threat It wasn't exact what I would call a peaceful sound. Eventually the creek started to dry up, and the sound was a little more relaxing, and one year it dried up completely and strangely enough I found I really enjoyed the silence.
Now we have our pond and waterfall in our courtyard just feet from our backyard. I knew when I built it that the walls would contain and amplify any waterfall sound, so I deliberately tried to build it so it wouldn't be so loud. In side the house it's just perfect, if you leave the back patio door open you get a great water sound throughout the house, however in the courtyard it is a decibel or two louder then what I would call the perfect level. If someone is on the phone in the courtyard the waterfall is a very distracting background noise, and for people who are a little hard of hearing the waterfall noise can make conversation a little more difficult.
I am hoping to get some English ivy vine to grow over the walls to help absorb some of the sound, but that is an ongoing project and I've had a set back with a rather significant die back last winter. :(
full

Ask a Question