pond pics

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
i do hope this works .... pond photes taken today as you can see i now have brown water any ideas whats wrong now ?.. and please remember i didnt build the pond ... yes i know far to much lining showing but rocks far to heavy for me to move :goldfish:

Attachments

• pond 2 002.JPG
    pond 2 002.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 336
  • pond 2 004.JPG
    pond 2 004.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 333
  • pond 2 006.JPG
    pond 2 006.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 321
  • pond 2 008.JPG
    pond 2 008.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 331

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
HEY... thats a nice looking pond ! looks like your liner showing is pretty even, cant you just raise the water level a couple inches. your water is a little brakish but not too bad.

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
thank you koiguy yes i could raise the water a little more but its alredy higher one end ... i really need to see if i can raise the soil a little ... rain forcast here over the weekend so will leave it and see if that fills it ...urm can i ask what brakish means ?

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
brakish means brown water....do you have any leaves in the pond ?
The pond looks nice...

Reaction score
Sorry for the interruption but I've never heard the term 'brakish' referring to brown water before. I have heard of brackish...meaning somewhat salty water. The only reason I bring this up is because I wouldn't want someone going to a pond store saying they need to treat 'brakish' water and have them being sold something for salt when what they really want is something to treat their 'brown' water. If I'm wrong, I apologize.

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
no i dont have any leaves in the bottom ... bottom is clean ... it was green and now for some reason its turned brown .... we do have very hard water here i dont know if that would have anything to do with it ..

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Down south when you float thru the woods,,and the acid from all the leaves are in the water ,,its brown and they say its brakish...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
There sre tannins in your water from something.
How many gallons do you hav?

Ask a Question