Pond pictures

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Lisak1 that is simply stunning! I love all the growth. It looks park like and very tranquil. Thank you for the gorgeous pictures. You have so many beautiful plants! How long have you had your pond up and going?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Thanks - it's our little backyard vacation spot! This is the 5th summer since we built the pond, but we got it finished in late July so we didn't get much planted the first year. Put in some lilies and got some irises and cattails started in the bog and that was about it. The next year was the planting year - once we had money again after the build was over! Everything always costs more than you expect, doesn't it? We don't drink or smoke or gamble - the pond and gardens are our only vice!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Very pretty pond. Love all the plants and rocks! :)

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Yeah I haven't been able to do much planting. Thank goodness for addy1 sending me some plants to help with the algae. I'm really hoping it survives the winter being planted so late. My bog is still a few weeks away from being ready for gravel but I'll get there. Seeing all your greenery gives me hope.
and if I don't add up all the expenses it counts as almost free right??

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Lisak, how big is your pond and bog? I really want to add a bog to mine next year.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Lisak, how big is your pond and bog? I really want to add a bog to mine next year.

Pond is 13x17, just over 3.5 feet deep. The bog is 4x6 and 4 feet deep - much deeper than most would recommend. The bottom 2 feet contains the manifold and vault and larger (softballs sized) rocks. Then there's a layer of gravel (I think it's called number 10 construction gravel) then there's about 18 inches or so of pea gravel. Works great for us. The plants grow like CRAZY! That iris and I are about to have a little face to face.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
I have a perfect area for the bog but that is where hubby ran my electrical and would have to move it, along with a 6x6 post with a large bird feeder on it. I cant use that feeder now anyway as it is too close to the pond and I dont want seed shells all over the pond. I would also have to move a lot plants I have in that area. Hubby will not like it if I ask him to dig up and move the electrical next spring. May have to break it to him gently. :) Maybe pick a different side of the pond. Will have to give it some thought.

Ask a Question